Computer Hardware Technician Program – Course Description:
This program will give you the basic knowledge on PC hardware. You will be able to assemble a computer from scratch at the end of the whole course, test it and install operating software on it. They will also have the opportunity to assemble a bare bone computer on the workbench complete with all the necessary components installed. You can fix your own broken PCs, troubleshoot -then sending your computer to the repair shop for basic problems. You can fix the broken-down family PCs and besides – could lead you into a new career or a continues study in this field-
Who Should Attend:
This course is open to the general public from 15-50 years. Graduates who want to start a new career in PC Hardware technology may also enroll to acquire the basic knowledge in PC repairs technology.
- Graduates are automatically qualified
- Non-employed graduates.
- Workers who want evening programs.
- Older citizens who needs to learn basic IT skills
- Younger ones who needs practical knowledge on IT technician skills
What to know before joining the course.
- Computer skills – Basic
- English – Letter Recognition
- Finnish – Letter Recognition
Your personal tools. English or Finnish language knowledge is required.
4 hours on a one-to-one basis with one of our qualified tutors. Maximum of 12 weeks.
CD containing notes + handouts + Divital Video Tutorials
Course Contents Part 1
- Covering all Main PC components and their use
- Cooling Importance and different cooling system
- Drivers and other software
- Coverage of some useful DOS commands and what they do
- Start Run Commands
- PC Troubleshooting
- Different operating systems
- Boot Option Hot Keys
- Basic Parental Control
- Installing and maintaining computer software healthy from viruses and malware
- Backups and how to Backup
Course Contents Part 2
- Disassemble a computer
- Assemble a computer
- Installing an Operating System
- Installing Drivers
- Installing Software
- PC Won’t Boot Into Windows
- System Restore
- PC Crashing or Blue Screening
- Task Manager
- Uninstall Crapware
- Viruses and Spyware
- Advanced Tools in Windows
- Speed Up Boot Times
- Internet Is Slow/Not Loading
- Internet Connection
- Wireless Connection
- Dealing with a Forgotten Password
- Windows is Hanging
Hardware needed to assemble a computer